When a problem begins, no one wins. That’s why the BC Responsible & Problem Gambling Program is committed to raising awareness about problem gambling prevention among all British Columbians.
Prevention Services include:
- Education and information for students in grades 5 to 12
- Training for student leadership programs and peer helpers
- Information sessions for parent groups, ESL classes, college and university classes, community groups, and treatment programs
- Drama projects and awareness booths for older adult populations
- Training for community professionals
- On-campus awareness initiatives for college and university students
- Culturally relevant gambling awareness programs for Aboriginal, Asian, South Asian and other populations
New curriculum is continually being developed to better address the needs of specific and diverse populations. We will work with your group to ensure messaging regarding responsible and/or problem gambling awareness meets your group’s needs.
Visit the Programming For section in the left margin to learn more about specific programming available through the Program.
Call the BC Problem Gambling Help Line at 1.888.795.6111 or email us for a referral to Prevention Specialist in your area.