Toll-free, 24-hour access to information about, or referrals to, free, problem gambling education and support services for British Columbians.
The Problem Gambling Help Line is the primary problem gambling information and referral source for British Columbians.
- Calls can be made from anywhere within BC, toll-free, 24 hours/day,
- Any British Columbian can call the Help Line, regardless of age. The Help Line is available for adults, youth and kids. It isn’t just for people who are legally of age to gamble in BC.
- Help Line Operators provide service in many languages including French, Cantonese, Mandarin, Punjabi, Farsi, Tagalog, Arabic, Japanese, Spanish and German. If a Help Line Operator doesn’t speak the language of the caller, the CanTalk interpretive service is used.
- All calls are confidential, as are referrals to Program Services such as support and treatment services for gamblers or their family members.
- Help Line Operators are knowledgeable about problem gambling prevention and education services offered through the Program and can provide callers with referrals to a Prevention Specialist in their area.
- The Program’s GameSense Advisors, working in BC casinos and some gaming centres, can assist patrons with calls to the Help Line.
- Help Line Operators can also redirect callers to other Provincial or community services if a non-gambling related referral meets the caller’s needs.
To speak to a help line operator for information or to be connected to free Program services in your community, call the BC Gam Info Line (24/7 toll free): 1.888.795.6111.