Toll-free, 24-hour access to information about, or referrals to, free, problem gambling education and support services for British Columbians.
The Problem Gambling Support Line is the primary problem gambling information and referral source for British Columbians.
- Calls can be made from anywhere within BC, toll-free, 24 hours/day,
- Any British Columbian can call the Gambling Support Line, regardless of age. The Gambling Support Line is available for adults, youth and kids. It isn’t just for people who are legally of age to gamble in BC.
- Gambling Support Line Operators provide service in many languages including French, Cantonese, Mandarin, Punjabi, Farsi, Tagalog, Arabic, Japanese, Spanish and German. If a Gambling Support Line Operator doesn’t speak the language of the caller, the CanTalk interpretive service is used.
- All calls are confidential, as are referrals to Program Services such as support and treatment services for gamblers or their family members.
- Gambling Support Line Operators are knowledgeable about problem gambling prevention and education services offered through the Program and can provide callers with referrals to a Prevention Specialist in their area.
- The Program’s GameSense Advisors, working in BC casinos and some gaming centres, can assist patrons with calls to the Help Line.
- Gambling Support Line Operators can also redirect callers to other Provincial or community services if a non-gambling related referral meets the caller’s needs.
To speak to a gambling support line operator for information or to be connected to free Program services in your community, call the BC Gam Info Line (24/7 toll free): 1.888.795.6111.